MSW FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
College of Social Work Graduate Assistantships
To apply for a Graduate Assistantship (GA), applicants are required to upload their Graduate Assistantship statement within the MSW application.
• The Graduate Assistantship narrative statement must be:
- Titled "Graduate Assistantship Request – your name”
- Formatted as a maximum of two (2) pages, double spaced, using 12-point font san serif font (e.g., Arial, Calibri, Helvetica), and one-inch margins
• This statement includes:
- Research/volunteer experience and related interests
- Achievements, scholarships, and/or honors you have received related to academics and/or community service
- Practice interest, faculty member(s) with whom you would be interested in working, and other skills, languages, and certifications
The College of Social Work awards Graduate Assistantships to students based on merit. Awards are competitive and limited. GAs are awarded to Full-time, Part-Time and Advanced Standing students. Students will receive notification from the College of Social Work Admissions Office if they are awarded a College of Social Work Graduate Assistantship.
Students awarded a Graduate Assistantship:
- Pay in-state tuition rates
- Receive a stipend
- Are part-time employees of the University that complete research and/or administrative tasks
- Work 10 hours per week for the College of Social Work
College of Social Work MSW Fellowships and Scholarships
Visit here for information regarding College of Social Work Fellowships and Scholarships, including application details and submission.
For these awards:
* Applications are due April 16, 2021
* Awards will be announced May 5, 2021
Other Funding Opportunities
Visit here for additional information regarding University of South Carolina funding opportunities, including other Graduate Assistantships.